Today I am thankful for prayer.
We gutted our downstairs bathroom last month because it's original to the house and the shower pan had failed. It has been leaking for quite some time and it was time to get it fixed. We are almost finished with it! I ended up being the one to do the painting. I took off of the doorknobs so I wouldn't get paint on them, I just didn't take off the inside mechanism for them. I was actually proud of myself that I figured out the doorknob part, but looking back I should I have tried to tackle the inside mechanism thing of the doorknob too...
Today, I went downstairs to clean off the granite counter top that we put in there. The installer got some glue on the surface so it took some time to get it clean. Jack was my big 'helper'. He closed the door and guess what, we were both stuck in the bathroom! I tried everything that I could do to get us out of there, even taking the hinges off, but I just didn't have any tools or anything with me. I finally said a prayer for help. I prayed that we could get out before Matthew and Allison got home. They would have no way in the house and no way to contact me. My cell phone was upstairs. After my prayer I had a thought that I HAD to find something to stick in the middle hole of the mechanism and turn. My ignorance, but I really had no idea how doorknobs work inside. I had thought of twisting it, but didn't realize that it has to be done from inside the hole. I tried my finger, no luck. I looked in the cabinet drawer and the only thing in there was a sharpie that the installer must have accidently left. I tried that, no luck. I opened the faucet box hoping to find something.. nothing. I then noticed a spackling knife. After several attempts, I was somehow able to get the corner on it in far enough that it let me turn it. Literally the second that it turned, I heard the doorbell and Matthew and Allison were home. My prayer was answered.
Self Care is Healthcare
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment