Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was great in our family. We were able to spend Sunday night with my brother's family, my Mom and my Aunt at my Mom's new condo. I'm so grateful that the move is mostly behind her now for her sake. I know that it's harder than I can comprehend to move from a place you've lived in for so long. Here's a picture taken at her condo of the Utah grandkids.


I'm glad that I was able to take the day off of work and spend the whole day with Matthew the day before Thanksgiving. Dave's parents were really nice and watched Allison for me so I could take Matthew to an eye appointment with a specialist and volunteer at his school without having to worry about her too. Matthew has one eye that is pretty much blind and he does need glasses, but there is no disease in his bad eye, which is definitely something to be grateful for. Matthew had a fun feast at school on Wednesday that I was able to help with and they all made cute costumes to wear. They all sat in a circle and told their teacher things that they were grateful for. It turns out, the things that they are grateful for are the same things that I'm grateful for: Family, friends, our country, a warm house, Jesus, a healthy body, and toys.

Matthew's class:
Matthew in his indian costume:

Thanksgiving morning I woke up early and went with some friends from my neighborhood and did a 5K. No, I didn't run...walked the whole thing, but it was really fun and helped me justify all the yummy Thanksgiving food. :) Dave's family was mostly out of town this year and my Mom went up to Bear Lake so we ended up going out to eat with Dave's parents and my brother & SIL. We then went up to their house for a little while.

I bought Allison a hat a few months ago and she FINALLY agreed to wear it on Thanksgiving. She also actually let me take a quick portrait of her in our garage right before we left for our Thanksgiving lunch. It was pretty tricky not to get the cars in her background, but it worked and she smiled!
I hope that you all have had a great Thanksgiving weekend (despite the crappy ending to the Utah/BYU game). I still say 'Go Utes!'

2 comments:

julie Gutke said...

glad you had such a great thanksgiving!!! the kids are all growing up so fast.....

Carla said...

That is an absolutely adorable hat on Allison. I'm so glad that she put it on long enough for you to get a picture of it! I don't know what you're talking about by a "crappy" ending to the game -- we thought it was great!