Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Almost 4 months?

Has it really been that long since I did a post? Time flies.. and yet it feels like forever since I've been pregnant. This is going to be a summary post of some highlights of the last 4 months. No pictures; it would take too long! Good luck reading through all of it; I'd recommend skim reading.

A FEW TRIPS

In April, my hubby took on the kids for a weekend and I went on a trip ALL BY MYSELF. I was amazed at how easy it was to travel and pack for just me. I went to see my brother and his family whom I hadn't seen in 6 years in San Antonio...way too long. It was a great weekend and I was able to see my cute niece get baptized while I was there. My other Texas bro and his family also came up so we were all able to spend some time together. Loved it all. Thanks guys for letting me come visit and thanks Dave for taking on the kids by yourself!

At the end of April, Dave & I took the kids to Vegas. We booked a package with our timeshare that included a lot of free stuff, so we did some stuff that we wouldn't have done otherwise. We went to the wax museum and went on a Gondola ride in front of the Venetian. We went and saw the dolphins and tigers at the Mirage. Dave took the kids swimming. It was really fun.

Over Memorial Day we had a week up in Park City at the Mountainside Marriott. We did a lot of swimming, relaxing, outlet shopping, & the Alpine slide. They had a great internet connection up there so I was able to stay longer and just work from up there. We'll definitely be going there again since we can get a week for super cheap. They also had activities for the kids, which they loved.

MATTHEW

Matthew is done with Kindergarten. Can't believe how fast it went. He got a great teacher for next year and his really good friend is in his class. He's very excited.

Around April his eye doctor told us that he needed to start wearing an eye patch for 1 hour a day. The first few days were REALLY rough. A lot of screaming and throwing things. It really wasn't a pretty sight. Luckily that only lasted a few days and since then he's been doing great with it. He also decided that his stronger prescription glasses were better and now wears his glasses all the time.

This spring he took t-ball and soccer. It was a little crazy, but it was the last time that he could do t-ball because of his age. He loved both of them and it going to do soccer again in the fall. He also took a golf class for 4 days this summer and loved that too.

ALLISON

Allison has become a girlie girl the last few months. She is always wanting to wear a skirt or dress and some of her princess dresses are definitely showing the wear. Her friend Emily grew out of some of her princess stuff since she's now almost 9. She gave Allison a bunch of her stuff and Allison was in heaven. It's a princess vanity, princess bed, cute fuzzy phone, plus a bunch of other cute things. Allison would pretend to paint her nails, put on lipstick, talk on the phone, etc constantly. She loves that vanity. I said no pictures, but I can't refuse this one with her on the fuzzy princess phone.

Allison is also now potty trained. Yea!!! She went a few weeks without an accident and earned her underwear that her Grandma gave her, but then she had a couple of accidents. Since then, we've gone back to pull-ups and she's done great. At some point we'll go back to underwear, but I'm not in a rush to possibly be cleaning up pee again from our carpet (and Dave was the one that cleaned it up).

SWIMMING LESSONS

Matthew & Allison have been taking swim lessons this summer. We've never done them before because Matthew was so afraid of the water when he was little. They've been taking semi-private lessons with a teacher, so it's just the two of them with the teacher. They are on the same level and it's been working great. They love it.

BABY

The baby comes in about 4 weeks! My doctor said that he'll induce me a week early. He's growing as expected and so far all looks good. I'm really ready to be done with this pregnancy and see the little guy. Not really ready for the lack of sleep for the first little while, but I don't sleep that well now anyways.

No comments: